Thursday 30 October 2014

practicum reflection week 1

Reflection regarding to Teaching Practice week 1

After reading some of  the students learning experiences during their teaching practice, I started to think if integration of ICT in children’s learning is necessary, how it is the lesson developed? I always ask myself: How does a teacher foster literacy,  thinking and other concepts, dispositions and skills valued in early education? How does a teacher address and integrate standards in a meaningful way?
This was my first time that I had tried to ‘incorporate any ICT as my part of my lesson’. With the little opportunity to visit other programs, I started the teaching practice feeling that I was sinking as much as I was swimming.
I took a week to set up an environment where my children could have choices and sustained time to involve ICT through their leaning experiences. I needed to read and observe enough to convince myself that integration of ICT in classroom is beneficial to children’s learning.

I concluded: “This has become the most intellectually challenging years for me. I am learning how to plan for ICT and how to use ICT to reinforce student’s learning. I like the concept of an emerging curriculum, but it takes patience as well as creativity to work it out each day. Things don’t always work out as I had imagined. Because I am an experienced teacher, I sometimes feel that should be able to do this right way. But it does not work out that way. It involves a major shift in the way I am thinking as well as in the way I structure the lesson: a paradigm shift.”

No comments:

Post a Comment