Thursday 30 October 2014

teaching practice week 2 reflection

Let me share with you about my reflection on one of my lesson plan in week 3. I implemented this lesson by allowing children to record the online weather chart game using IWB. Once everything completed, children were asked to make a bar graph by using laptop; they were also need to do it in a small group and make comparison about the four weather conditions (sunny, rainy, cloudy and windy). I explained what bar graph is all about with the children before they make the bar graph.
Overall, this lesson was carried out quite successfully as children’s attention were caught when they get involve the weather game session. They enjoyed playing with the online game and asked to play it again second times.  However, the lesson was carried out 10-15 minutes longer than expected as some of the children spend too much time in making the weather bar graph. Apart from that, most of the children were able to compare the four different weather condition by counting how many times were sunny, rainy, cloudy and windy. They also enjoyed using the ipad to draw their favourite weather; and they were able to tell teacher (me) what’s their drawing is all about. I could say that, Skitch software is a useful tool for children to use it as part of their learning. Fun and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment